Notice on Holding the 2012 National Student Orienteering Cross-country Championship
JTB  No. 25
The departments of education (education committees) of all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government, sports, health and arts, student sports associations, and member schools of directional branches:
The 2012 National Student Orienteering Cross-country Championships, jointly sponsored by the Joint Secretariat of the Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education and the Chinese Society of Surveying and Mapping, co-organized by the Orienteering Branch of the China University Sports Association and the Education Department of Heilongjiang Province, and hosted by the People's Government of Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province, will be held in Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province, from July 27 to 31, 2012. Now the competition rules are printed and distributed to you. Please make good preparations for the competition, Sign up for the competition on schedule.
Appendix: Competition Rules of 2012 National Student Orienteering Cross-country Championship
Joint Secretariat of Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education
May 2, 2012
CC: China Orienteering Association, Heilongjiang Provincial Department of Education, Yichun Municipal People's Government
Competition Rules of 2012 National Student Orienteering Cross-country Championship
Joint Secretariat of Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education
Chinese Society of Surveying and Mapping
2、 Co organizer:
Orienteering Branch of China University Sports Association
Heilongjiang Provincial Department of Education
Yichun Municipal People's Government of Heilongjiang Province
4、 Time and place of competition:
Time: July 27-31, 2012
Location: Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province
5、 Competition grouping and item setting:
1. University group:
Elite group of colleges and universities: (18 member schools approved by the Ministry of Education for the pilot project of orienteering of high-level sports teams)
Group A of universities (undergraduate universities):
(1) In the 2011 National Student Orienteering Cross-Road Championship, schools with the top 10 total scores in Group A and Group B of colleges and universities and schools with the top 8 total scores in Group A and B of colleges and universities must report to Group A;
(2) In the 2011 National Student Orienteering Cross-Country Championship, schools with a total score of 10 in Group A and Group B of colleges and universities, and schools with a total score of 8 in Group A and Group B of colleges and universities, as well as new entrants in 2012, should report to Group A and Group B;
College Group B (junior college);
2. Senior high school group (general senior high school and secondary vocational school):
Group A of senior high school: (students born before December 31, 1994);
Group B of senior high school: (students born after January 1, 1995);
3. Junior middle school group (junior middle school);
4. 80 people in the same group (college group) and 100 people in the middle school group) were randomly divided into two parallel groups. The grouping principle is that the same unit should be divided into different groups as far as possible;
1. Personal project:
Short distance race (limited to 4 men and women for each unit in all groups);
Mid-distance race (3 men and 3 women in each unit of elite group, group A, group B and high school group);
100-meter orientation (high school A and B are combined into high school group, and each unit is limited to 2 men and women, and all other groups are limited to 2 men and women);
Points competition (4 men and 4 women from each unit in the junior high school group can participate in the points competition, and those who do not participate in the middle distance competition in the college and senior high school group can participate in the points competition).
2. Group project (high school group A and B are merged into high school group)
Relay race (each unit of all groups can report to one team for men and one team for women, with three members for each team);
Team competition (each unit of all groups can report to one team for men and one team for women, with four members for each team).
6、 Entry method:
（1） Participants must be member schools of the Orienteering Branch of the China University Sports Association;
（2） All colleges and universities across the country can directly apply for the competition, and each school is limited to one team;
（3） Each high school team must report to the education department of the province, autonomous region, or municipality directly under the Central Government for record while directly registering for the competition. Each school can only report to one team;
（4） Each team is limited to one leader and two coaches, and athletes are limited to five men and five women. Please indicate the items and groups of each athlete when registering.
7、 Qualification and athlete registration:
（1） The student athletes (each group) participating in this competition must be students with official student status; Registration must be carried out at the Joint Secretariat of the Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education. Student athletes must bring the original student ID card and second-generation ID card during the competition for qualification review;
（2） Registration: The person in charge of the school where the athlete belongs should log in to the website registration center of the Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education (22.214.171.124) to register the athlete online, and the person in charge of registration of the Joint Secretariat of the Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education should approve and issue the registration card.
Contact: Ma Yuanyuan, 010-6609381266093821;
（3） According to the provisions of the "National Student Athlete Registration Management Measures", the cost and handling fee of 20 yuan/year shall be charged for each registered athlete and paid at the time of registration at the venue;
（4） Student athletes who have not gone through the registration formalities are not allowed to participate. The registration deadline is June 1, 2012.
8、 Competition method:
（1） The competition shall be carried out in accordance with the Rules for Orienteering Competition (Trial);
（2） The starting mode of athletes shall be determined by the judging committee, and the starting order shall be determined by computer random drawing;
（3） The referee is selected by the organizer.
9、 Ranking admission and method:
（1） Individual admission method: There are seven groups including elite group of universities, group A of universities, group A and B of universities, group B of universities, group A of senior high schools, group B of senior high schools, and group B of junior high schools. Each group will enroll the top 8 of each individual (male and female), and the top 3 will be awarded medals and certificates, and other places will be awarded awards;
（2） Group admission method: There are six groups in total, namely, elite group of colleges and universities, group A of colleges and universities, group A of colleges and universities, group B of colleges and universities, high school group, and junior high school group. The top eight men's groups, women's groups, and the total group are respectively admitted, and the trophies are awarded (less than eight teams are reduced by one);
（3） Scoring method for group ranking: determined by the sum of the ranking points of all athletes participating in individual events of each team, 3 times the relay race and 4 times the team race (the ranking of the athletes participating in the point race of colleges and high schools is not included in the total group score). Those with low scores will be ranked first. The scoring method is: 0 for the first place, 2 for the second place, 3 for the third place, and so on. The invalid scores of individual events shall be treated as the number of departure teams of the group plus 10 points, and the invalid scores of collective events shall be treated as the number of departure teams of the group plus 2 points;
（4） The teams with missing items and persons will be counted according to the maximum invalid points of the same group and included in the team's total score;
（5） According to the particularity of the orienteering competition, the ranking of the representative teams of the host city in the competition shall be calculated in parallel with that of the representative teams of other provinces and cities;
（6） When the representative teams of a certain province have achieved all the top 6 results of a certain individual event, the ranking of the athletes who have achieved the results later will be counted in parallel with the athletes of other provinces and cities (within the admission ranking);
（7） Set up the sports ethics and fashion award: the team, athletes, coaches and referees of the sports ethics and fashion award will be selected and awarded medals and certificates respectively. See the order book for the selection conditions and methods.
10、 Safety management:
（1） The participating teams need to strengthen internal management, strict discipline, and implement the responsibility system of leading the team in the whole process;
（2） Athletes must be in good health. All teams are requested to have a health check before the competition;
（3） The team leader (coach) shall carry out publicity and education on the prevention of infectious diseases, food poisoning and other safety knowledge for the participants, and enhance the safety awareness and self-protection awareness of the participants;
（4） During the competition, participants are not allowed to board and stay outside by themselves, and are not allowed to organize tourism and swimming without permission;
（5） All athletes, coaches, team leaders, teachers, etc. participating in the competition must apply for insurance at the time of registration (the insured amount shall not be less than 200000 yuan for each person, and the insured amount for minors who cannot reach 200000 yuan shall be subject to the local maximum insurance amount). Units that do not apply for insurance shall not participate in the competition.
11、 Registration and registration:
（1） All competitions are registered online. Before July 1, 2012, all participating units will log in to www.socn.org, and register online according to the system requirements. At the same time, they will fax a sealed application form to the branch office (if the fax of the application form is different from the online application, the online application shall prevail).
Contact person of China Student Orienteering Association: Tang Wanhui Tel./Fax: 0731-88822644 88821244 E_ mail： firstname.lastname@example.org ；
（2） Check-in time and place:
1. Registration place: (to be notified)
2. Registration time: July 25
3. Athletes' entry cards can be downloaded and printed at www.socn.org, filled in relevant information, pasted with photos, signed by leaders, and sealed by the school according to the requirements, and sealed and laminated after being brought to the venue for registration.
4. Change: If the athletes of each team need to make changes in the event, they can only make changes in the registered and registered athletes, and they need to submit a written application for approval by the China Student Orientation Association to go through the change procedures, and pay a change fee of 50 yuan for each change.
（1） The venue, map, equipment and various expenses in the competition shall be borne by the organizer;
（2） Each team shall pay its own participation fee;
Registration fee: 100 yuan per student
The staff of the surveying and mapping team will be charged 200 yuan per person for non-members
Accommodation: 100 yuan/day/person for staff
（3） The organizer shall be responsible for the travel and accommodation expenses of the judges and staff.
1. Anyone who has any objection to the performance, qualification and judgment of the contestants must submit the Complaint Report signed by the team leader and the appeal fee of 2000 yuan to the organizing committee within one hour after the announcement of the competition results. If the original amount of the successful appeal fee is refunded; If the appeal is invalid, the appeal fee shall be submitted to the organizing committee for handling.
2. In order to strengthen the management of the participating teams and ensure the smooth progress of the work of the competition, each participating team must pay 3000 yuan of "mortgage deposit" during the competition. The "mortgage deposit" will be refunded in full to the representative team that has not committed disciplinary violations during the game.
3. Each team shall prepare a team (school) flag, with unlimited size and color.
4. For the follow-up supplementary notice, please pay attention to "China University Sports Association Orienteering Branch www.socn.org"
14、 Matters not covered in this procedure will be notified separately.
15、 The right to interpret these regulations belongs to the Joint Secretariat of the Student Sports Association of the Ministry of Education.